Thursday 29 March 2012

The Liking of Patterns

I don't know where it all started from, but I do like patterns, predominantly stripes, rotational symmetry & spirals. It goes from my choice of patterned clothes which are predominantly stripy when patterned or occasionally plaid to the way I arrange beer mats when I'm fidgety which are in rotational symmetry. But then I have noticed other people doing it too. I also have a thing of when I'm serving food either all the crockery & cutlery either have to match or have to be completely mismatching, no half way house allowed & again found people who do exactly the same. I had a friend who works psychiatric care whilst I went to the toilet, moved a book that I was reading which was put down near a set of beer mats which I had arranged earlier to see if I would notice, but because it wasn't part of the pattern I was oblivious to what he had done, so he said it was probably not OCD but just a liking of certain things being just so as the book moving would have bothered me. I suppose it is just one of my quirks which I'll never be able to explain, it wouldn't be the first time I was called eccentric (sometimes weird) by people but I tend to wear it as a badge of honour. Today clothing wise I think it will be another day of wearing plain unpatterned clothes as none of my stripes are current uniform at work, so I'll just rock backwards & forwards in a corner at work until the normal pattern is restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment