Wednesday 4 December 2013

The Warstone at Night

So last night I did do something that was stereotypical for a Witch to do, I visited I graveyard at night, though not any graveyard but Warstone Cemetery in the Jewellery Quarter. I went to visit the Warstone, as a natural erratic with a complex structure, I felt right at home visiting it. It is a sizeable chunk of felsite which was deposited there in the Ice Age by glacial shifting, it is thought to have served as a boundary marker & there are claims, although rather spurious that it was used in rituals in years gone by, though I have not come by any evidence as such. If it is a monolith of such repute it seems a little on the small side. It does however have an odd feel about it, perhaps it was because it was cold but it felt like it was pulsating & tingling, what was also odd is the fact that it is right next to the roadside. The cemetery has a good feel about it, full of life for somewhere dedicated to death as nature is slowly taking over. The mausoleum was also interesting acoustically as you don't tend to hear the traffic much when you are on the bottom as you do on the middle tier. It has some what look like rather interesting features but feel like I need to visit it during the day, but most definitely worth a visit whichever time of day you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment